Pages

Let's Play Odyssey: AIO 3D CD-ROM

In 1998, during the time of the AIO animated videos, Focus on the Family made the first Odyssey computer game. It combined the 2D animated characters in a 3D environment. Players could walk around a virtual Whit's End, meet some of Odyssey's citizens, work at the soda fountain, fly the Strata-flyer, and more! However, the game is no longer sold and is now a collector's item.

As part of the Summer of Celebration, you can now see the game being played first-hand in our new video series: Let's Play Odyssey! We booted up the game on a modern computer and recorded us playing it.

The game play will be broken up into 3 different videos. The first one is able to be seen today. Once the other videos have been completed, this post will be updated with the next 2 videos. All 3 gameplay videos are now uploaded. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel to be the first to know when the remaining parts are up.




If you want to hear Austin's commentary on the game while you watch, you can find that here. You can also view several screenshots of the game, including the original game manual in this photo album.

Have you ever played this game before? What's your favorite part of it? Have you played any other AIO computer games?

Austin Peachey

Austin Peachey is a die-hard reader and audio drama fan. He's run the Adventures in Odyssey Blog for over 8 years and has produced a few audio dramas of his own. He's also worked on the 2nd edition of The Official Guide to Odyssey and can be heard on Phil Lollar's Iliad House.

4 comments:

  1. I found out about the AIO games on http://aiowiki.com. By the way, I got the sticker from the t-shirt from you today. Thank you, I love it!!!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the entire video. It was cool and fun. I wish I had one, but my computer is to new. I watched it with Emma and Abbie. Can't wait for the next video!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get this game when you were young? Oh, I cannot wait any longer for album 61 to start every Thursday, starting July 14th! Thanks for talking with me.
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Austin, I know you stopped in 2013, but I like your blog "Life of a Missionary Kid" it's fun and I'll probably like looking at your past.
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think about this content. We would love to get your feedback!