Pages

Recaps of the 2017 Get in the Show Finale Event

On August 12, 2017, Focus on the Family hosted an event to bring a grand finish to the Get in the Show contest to pick the winner. There was a lot of fun things that happened there. If you didn't get to go or you want to relive those times, you've come to the right place. We've gathered three different recaps of the goings on of this special event so you can hear and see it for yourself!


The Official AIO Podcast made a video podcast that showed some highlights from the event, including all the auditions of all three finalists.




Audio Theatre Central also did a special bonus episode with audio from the event. JD Sutter and myself joined forces to get interviews with different people there, including cast members and fans of the show.



I also shared my experiences there in my latest Odyssey Geek video. It's a mixture of pictures (with some, hopefully, clever captions) and videos.


Let us know if you went to the event or watched it live. What was your favorite part? Did the person you voted for win?

Austin Peachey

Austin Peachey is a die-hard reader and audio drama fan. He's run the Adventures in Odyssey Blog for over 8 years and has produced a few audio dramas of his own. He's also worked on the 2nd edition of The Official Guide to Odyssey and can be heard on Phil Lollar's Iliad House.

2 comments:

  1. I AM IN AWE!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish I could have been there. Sigh. That is so cool!! This is so cool!! I literally have no words, that's how excited I am. That must have been a blessing to meet the Odyssey team. My younger sister Abbie said it was cool. We all watched the video. That is just amazing. Even if we had the money to go, we were celebrating my Dad's B-day last month. I can't believe the contest is already over! Happy Labor Day! -Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you get to meet the AIO team someday. They are planning a live show tour for next year so maybe you'll get to go to one of those!

      Delete

Let us know what you think about this content. We would love to get your feedback!